Senior Contracts Administrator
|Title:||Senior Contracts Administrator |
DescriptionUpside Engineering Ltd. currently has an opportunity for a Senior Contracts Administrator to join our established procurement team in Calgary. Upside has challenging, ongoing career opportunities for experienced candidates.
Skills and experience:
- 10+ years of professional experience in contract/subcontract management, procurement and/or supply chain management;
- Post-secondary education with an undergraduate degree in business is preferred;
- Contract and/or Business Law coursework and/or professional designation is an asset;
- Ability to independently draft and negotiate contracts and terms & conditions;
- Ability to execute contractual terms & conditions in conjunction with established policies;
- Understanding of commercial requirements and an ability to interface with technical personnel;
- Exceptional price and contract negotiation skills;
- Excellent organization, communication, problem solving and leadership skills;
- Ability to lead contract formation process while interacting with different people, departments and companies; and
- Team oriented; provide support, motivation, and encouragement to team.
This is a chance to work with industry leaders in a uniquely enjoyable work environment. Our recruiting mission is to hire the best people for the job, provide an unbeatable work setting and respect and value our team. It’s what makes Upside exceptional.
- Prepare and assemble contract documentation including templates, forms, approval packages, bid packages and formal contracts for execution;
- Update and manage the Procurement Control System and issuing status reports;
- Perform pre-qualification checks of potential bidders, assemble bid lists of qualified bidders and obtain required approvals;
- Compile non-technical information pertaining to site requirements, schedule, data submittals, permits, QA/QC and Contractor supplied utilities, facilities and equipment;
- Lead the contract bidding process including negotiations, assisting in the development of the Scope of Work (SOW), coordinating with project management, engineering and project controls;
- Review bid packages and ensure commercial issues are only addressed in the commercial portion of the bid package;
- Assemble and issue RFP packages and soliciting proposals;
- Develop proposal evaluation criteria and ensure their application during the evaluation process;
- Arrange any required site visits and pre-tender meetings and ensure meeting minutes are prepared and issued;
- Receive and open proposals and perform commercial evaluation of proposals;
- Ensure that all required input, both technical and commercial, is incorporated in the final evaluation and recommendation;
- Liaise with client’s procurement and legal departments as required;
- Award contracts and prepare formal contract documents that are consistent with company and client requirements, ensuring compliance with all policies & procedures;
- Coordinate and prepare contract change orders;
- Manage contract cost, schedule and risk, monitor and report contract status, address post-award commercial and contract matters including invoicing, builder’s lien holdbacks, change orders, requests for information;
- Act as area resource for contracts, including interpretation of business law, terms & conditions, contractor analysis and contracting strategies that are consistent with Government/Client/Company policies and procedures; and
- Coordinate release of holdback payments, obtaining statutory declarations and closing out contract files.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications