Business Development Manager
|Title:||Business Development Manager|
Upside Engineering Ltd. currently has an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our established team of professionals in Calgary.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree or technical certificate in business or engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years of business development experience in the engineering and energy industry;
- Strong ability to multi-task and deal effectively with multiple opportunities and deadlines;
- Solutions driven, able to prioritize and make decisions in a timely manner;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, proven ability to maintain positive relationships with clients, and team members in order to maximize cooperation and achievement of deliverables;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate technical information with engineers and designers;
- Technical understanding of how projects are designed, as well as understanding general engineering and design principles in order to better clarify client requirements;
- Ability to mentor and supervise junior personnel;
- Working outside the office approximately 50% of the time. The majority of time being spent with Calgary based clients however travel outside of the city may be required for site visits; and
- There is also an occasional requirement to be available outside of normal office hours.
- Developing and building relationships with new and existing clients; including cold calling, participating in meetings, lunches, as well as attending industry events and presentations;
- Identifying potential business opportunities through the review of all appropriate business channels, relationships, communications/media or other means as applicable;
- Qualification of these opportunities by determining feasibility, funding status, interrelationships with other companies and type of project;
- Coordination of proposal activities, including clarification of customer requirements and organization of internal inputs;
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of client’s potential projects, strategies, engagements, commitments and business relationships with a view to understanding the relevance of our organization’s offering to address those requirements;
- Update and maintain Business Development Strategy document based on market conditions, client requirements, target project scopes, and internal capabilities;
- Working with project teams to define future opportunities with the existing customer base;
- Ensuring that management team is aware if the client’s business expectations are not being met on current projects;
- Maintaining the Business Contact Manager (BCM) database, using it as the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to track opportunities and client accounts;
- Participating in internal meetings, representing business development and assisting the VP, Business Services in providing business development updates to internal stakeholders and the rest of the organization;
- Managing the business development team, including mentoring junior team members;
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the organizations capabilities and services;
- Participating in company strategy discussions; and
- Performing other duties as required.
This is a chance to work with industry leaders in a uniquely enjoyable work environment. Our recruiting mission is to hire the best people for the job, provide an unbeatable work setting and respect and value our team. It’s what makes Upside exceptional.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications