Intermediate Electrical Field Engineer
|Title:||Intermediate Electrical Field Engineer |
Upside Engineering Ltd. currently has an opportunity for an Intermediate Electrical Field Engineer to work a 3 – 6 month contract in Wabasca, Alberta with the future possibility to join our established team of professionals in Calgary. Upside has challenging, ongoing career opportunities for experienced engineers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred;
- P.Eng., eligibility for P.Eng., or applicant with APEGA;
- 5 or more years of relevant engineering experience specializing in low to medium voltage systems;
- Field experience in the oil and gas industry;
- Knowledge of all federal/provincial safety policies and procedures;
- Knowledge and application of the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) and/or NFPA70;
- Working knowledge of detailed design project (EPC and EPCM) execution for oil, gas, chemical and/or power industry clients;
- Experience in integration design of transformers, switchgears, MCCs, protection relays, motors, generators, transmission and distribution equipment;
- Proven ability to provide sound technical advice and constructive opposition to the project engineering lead;
- Proven ability to generate and foster client relationships while working in a fast paced and competitive business environment; and
- Adept at writing technical reports and scopes of work.
- Act as site liaison between site and Upside Calgary offices;
- Arrange site meetings as required; prepare minutes of meeting and summarize decisions;
- Collaborate with project team to determine and achieve project objectives;
- Plan, organize and supervise the function of a particular project and develop the project team requirements;
- Arrange preliminary on-site constructability review including discussions for input from the CMT (Construction Management Team);
- Provide appropriate engineering input and a technical overview to construction team;
- Arrange and attend HAZOP and Process Hazard Assessments as required;
- Ensure that the deliverables provided to the project are technically accurate, within scope, budget and schedule, suitable for the intended purpose and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans; and
- Perform other duties as required.
This is a chance to work with industry leaders in a uniquely enjoyable work environment. Our recruiting mission is to hire the best people for the job, provide an unbeatable work setting and respect and value our team. It’s what makes us exceptional.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications